Geneva Call’s policy on cookies
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that can be used by websites to customise and optimise a user’s experience and make it more efficient. Cookies can be used, for example, to store user preferences (such as the language version of the website they prefer) or login information. In accordance with the relevant legislation in force, we may only store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. For all other types of cookies, we need your explicit permission.
The Geneva Call website uses the WordPress content management system and Multilingual Plugin. Our website uses two different types of cookies- first-party cookies (created by the Geneva Call website) and third-party cookies (created by other websites). The first-party cookies, required to ensure our website is usable, are those which support basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. This system only stores essential information, such as language preferences. Other cookies that appear on the pages of our website are placed there by third-party services.
- What types of cookies does our website use?
In addition to first-party cookies, which are generally essential for the site to work properly, we also make use of third-party cookies which generally track statistics and how users navigate our website. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. The types of third-party services we use are the following:
- Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web, is used to help us to understand how you use our website and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track information such as how long you spend on the website and the pages that you visit. This helps us to be able to produce engaging content.
- We also use Google reCAPTCHA, which collects information to ensure that a user is human and not a bot.
- Finally, we may use social media buttons and/or plugins on our website that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the relevant social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, may collect information through our website, which may be used to enhance your profile on their website or to contribute to the data they hold, for various purposes, as outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- How can I control what cookies are stored on my device when I visit your website?
You can also choose to block all cookies, including first-party cookies, using the privacy settings available in your internet browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and we will not be able to customise and optimise your experience.