Annual Report 2017 – Protecting Civilians in Armed Conflict
28 juin 2018
Geneva Call has released its 2017 Annual Report, highlighting key achievements for the protection of civilians in armed conflicts over the last year. Among others, Geneva Call:
- Engaged in dialogue with 69 armed non-State actors from 17 countries on the respect of humanitarian norms
- Directly conducted 52 training sessions on humanitarian norms for 1,174 armed non-state actor (ANSA) members, including 116 women, from 29 ANSAs in six countries
- Provided support to more than 100 demobilized children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Monitored the destruction of 2,446 stockpiled antipersonnel mines in Western Sahara
- Negotiated the signature by 8 brigades of the Free Syrian Army of the Deed of Commitment prohibiting sexual violence and the signature by 7 brigades of the Deed of Commitment prohibiting the use of child soldiers.