REPORTING TO: Director of Operation
Geneva Call is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization working to improve the protection of civilians in armed conflict. Geneva Call is active in around 15 contexts worldwide. The organization has years of experience in conducting humanitarian engagement with ANSA in the context of protracted crisis. While implementing these projects adhering to minimum security standards is a requirement to operates in such contexts.
The present training has the aim to introduce GC staff to the practical skills and understanding required for working in the field. The specific objective is to build the capacities of field staff with essential knowledge and skills needed to surpass potential security incidents, specific to conflict areas.
The training content, terminology and wording must respect humanitarian principles. The training content will be contextualized to African environment through the integration of actual incident types and prevalent trends in the areas and relevant to Geneva Call programmes.
- Regional Security Focal Points are supported in designing contextualized security frameworks for their region
- Field Managers (Country Directors, Heads of Programs and Support) and Field security focal points as identified by the Country Director are trained on monitoring, evaluation and further improvement the country safety and security package, risk and context analysis, security networking and communication;
- Theoretical and practical (simulations & “on site”) trainings for risk reduction measures, incident management and contingency planning are conducted in the field offices
The consultant is expected to ensure the following:
- Designed a training curriculum, material and agenda to be delivered to the trainees based on the on the results of the capacity survey conducted by Regional security focal points.
- Provide suitable venues and all approved materials for the training
- Deliver training sessions for all identified staff (Regional Security Focal Point, Field Managers and field staff as identified by country Director).
- Report about the trainings, one per region, to describe the trainees’ performance, and how these could be improved.
- At least 10 years of experience working in conflict areas in the field of security management and training for humanitarian organisations
- Experienced on context analysis and Threat/Risk analysis.
- Strong coaching skills regarding implementation of security management and Applied Security technical skills
- Clear understanding and alignment with humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality and independence.
- Experience in developing training strategies, procedures and tools, as well as organizing and facilitating workshops.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with and coach teams
- Fluency in French and English
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract 2 months,
- Based in the region, with up to 80% of field visits
- Ideal starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your cover letter (1 page) and CV (2 page) to email@example.com, Ref.: “Security Trainer – African Context” no later than 24 October 2021.