Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
In Yemen, Geneva Call has had a field presence and a multiyear program since 2018. The programme aims at developing humanitarian engagement with armed parties and communities as a mean to create space for dialogue on the protection of civilians. Geneva Call currently has an office in Aden besides exploring opportunities for geographical expansion in the rest of the country.
Responsible for program implementation at Country level
Design adapted program strategy at country level for ANSA’s and Communities engagement as per GC guidelines.
Implement GC programme in the country to ensure GC’s operational objectives and country strategy are well implemented in-country.
Map and develop access strategy for relevant ANSAs
Engage directly or with local partners with a network of relevant armed non-State actors.
Propose clear engagement opportunities to the Country Director.
Ensure appropriate design, implementation, monitoring, review, and evaluation of the country operations, in line with Geneva Call programmatic guidelines with a focus on planning and results.
Program budget monitoring
Ensuring that program expenditures are in line with the budgets
Map and participate to protection coordination mechanisms (clusters) and develop network.
Participate when relevant to events and workshops around ANSA engagement and Protection work
Develop and manage a team of Protection officers in-country, ensure safe and efficient project delivery.
Ensure compliance of the project
Education and experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in international relations/another humanitarian field
- Proven experience in protection work in conflict and crisis affected countries.
- Experience in Program Management Cycle
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization working in conflict areas in the protection field and engagement with armed actors (ANSAs, other armed actors) including in managing teams of at least 2 people
- Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in conflict and crisis affected countries and emergency contexts
- Knowledge of Yemen or NAME region is strongly desirable
Compétences techniques / Technical skills:
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and in conflict‐affected settings, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of International Humanitarian Law is an asset
Langues / Languages:
- English (C1-C2)
- Arabic (C1-C2) is an asset
Qualifications / Personal skills:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with weapon bearers and other stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice
Duration : 12 months
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate/recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to email@example.com, Ref: “Program Coordinator – Yemen” no later than 30.04.2021.