In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Role : The Program coordinator is the responsible of Program design and implementation at country level
Main responsibilities :
The Program coordinator is the responsible of Program design and implementation at country level :
- Design adapted program strategy at country level for ANSA’s and Communities engagement per GC guidelines.
- Supervise and overview the implementation of GC programme in South Sudan to ensure that the objectives of Geneva Call’s operational and country strategy are well implemented .
- Map and develop access strategy for relevant ANSAs to engage directly or with local partners.
- Propose clear engagement opportunities to the South Sudan Country Director
Monitoring evaluation :
- Ensure the appropriate design, implementation, monitoring, review, and evaluation of Geneva Call’s country operations in South Sudan, in line with Geneva Call programmatic guidelines with a focus on planning and results
Program budget monitoring :
- Ensuring that program expenditure are in line with the budgets
External coordination :
- Map and participate to relevant protection coordination mechanisms (clusters) and develop network.
- Develop and manage a team of Project officers in the country, ensuring safe and efficient project delivery
- Ensure program implementation is aligned with internal standards and donors rules
Education and experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in international relations/another humanitarian field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in similar role
- Proven experience in protection work in conflict and crisis affected countries.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization working in conflict areas in the protection field and engagement with armed actors (ANSAs, other armed actors)including in managing teams of at least 2 people
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and in conflict‐affected settings, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of International Humanitarian Law is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with weapon bearers and other stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- English (C1-C2)
- French and third language would be an asset
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Program Coordinator
- Preferred start date : 06.2021
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Program Coordinator South Sudan” no later than 31.05.2021.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.