Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call also responds to requests from ANSAs to help build their knowledge of, and capacities to implement international humanitarian norms, such as through providing training and technical advice. In addition, the organization may also provide other assistance and services within communities where ANSAs operate.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Coordinating the successful implementation of the objectives of the regional unit and ensuring the adequate functioning of its field offices.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Adherence to Geneva Call policies, guidance and procedures
- Coordination with field offices
- Development and execution of the NAME strategy
- Safety and security for field countries
- Resource allocation and mobilization
- Cost efficiency and quality, including implementation of control mechanisms (MEAL)
- Regional level advocacy
- Remotely Supervise and support implementation of field offices activities
- Support the Country Directors in field offices identifying fundings and partnership opportunities
- A relevant BA is required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organizations, including in managing teams
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (written and oral)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with high level stakeholders
- Experience working with implementing partners international agencies, NGOs, donors
- Field experience in NAME region is a must
- Ability to work under pressure, travel frequently, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of the project management cycle
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) at the level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Experience of networking and advocacy
Conflict of Interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Full-time
- Consultancy contract / short term contract, based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 3 months only
- Preferred start date: ASAP
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter, diploma and proof of no criminal record in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Op-Coo NAME” no later than 26.09.2019. All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.