Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict, and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call also responds to requests from ANSAs to help build their knowledge of, and capacities to implement international humanitarian norms, such as through providing training and technical advice. In addition, the organization may also provide other assistance and services within communities where ANSAs operate.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Provide support to Libya for an effective delivery of programmes in line with the Country Programme and Regional Strategies and support raising GC profile amongst donors and potential funders.
Program Cycle Management (Quality control)
Responsible of the Quality Control of the Program Cycle Management done at field level.
Support HoP on operational matters in Libya. Directly implement some activities such as organization of workshops. Ensure monitoring of the outcomes and impacts is being done at field level. Offer support whenever needed.
Ensure that burn rate and implementation rate of budgets are on-track and following donor’s requirements.
In consultation with CD, explore fundraising opportunities at EU level and ensure the follow up with the Fundraising department.
Ensure that relevant data are collected and compiled to feed GC annual report or any other communication support. Communicate with GC partners, institutional and private donors or other international NGOs about in-country issues and the implementation of projects.
Ensure GC security Framework is well understood and implemented at field level. Undertake risk assessment of field offices and projects and advise on mitigation approaches. GC HQ security focal point. Support Crisis Management efforts whenever necessary as per GC security Framework.
Fills up gaps when there are prolonged absences of either the CD or the Program Coordinator. Information management; Interact with regional support functions. Contribute and support development plan for the region within the timeline of GC strategy.
Ensure compliance with donors’ requirements (programs).
Education and experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in international relations/another humanitarian field
- Proven experience in project management including budget, HR, process and report management
- Experience of remote management of staff
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization working in conflict areas, including in managing teams of at least 5 people
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with ANSAs would be an asset;
- Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in development and emergency contexts
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and in conflict‐affected settings, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of International Humanitarian Law is an asset
Arabic (C1-C2) – English (C1-C2)
Experience working in Libya is a plus.
Conflict of Interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Full-time
- Consultancy contract / short term contract.
- Preferred start date: ASAP
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter, diplomas to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Op-Coo LIBYA” no later than 24.10.2021. All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.