Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer for Eurasia region leads the strategic planning and implementation of all MEAL processes and activities required to improve Geneva Call quality programme over the course of project implementation and ensure and demonstrate positive impact on the protection of civilians. The MEAL Officer is directly responsible for assessing and measuring quality and accountability of GENEVA CALL engagement work in Eurasia. The MEAL Officer is also responsible in designing data collection tools for monitoring and evaluation purposes in collaboration with project teams, data collection, analysis, reporting and follow up with project teams on actions taken. S/he is directly responsible for process and outcome monitoring yet may provide direct support to programme teams for output monitoring and database design and management.
Design and Implementation of Geneva Call Eurasia MEAL system:
- Lead the design and implementation of the Geneva Call Eurasia MEAL framework and standard operating procedures, including indicator plans, data collection / measurement scopes of work, tools and methodologies,
- Plan the operationalisation and implementation of MEAL sytsem across Eurasia’s offices
- Develop an annual plan for data collection, analysis and usage of data to measure progress against indicators and promote programmatic learning
Data collection tools development and use:
- Support the development of relevant and quality data collection tools for quantitative and qualitative research related to Geneva Call engagment strategy.
- Lead the development of a qualitative research strategy through the deployment of innovative research methods in order to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of Regional Geneva Call engagement with target audience
Data management, analysis and use:
- Coordinate with Heads of Mission to ensure appropriate data management for in countries, including storage, cleaning and analysis
- Support programme teams in ensuring that program related actions are taken based on MEAL findings and recommendations
- Coordinate and produce quarterly and annual MEAL reports (narrative and Power point)
Technical management and capacity-building:
- Coordinate and supervise any training work related to MEAL in Eurasia countries
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of design and analysis of qualitative and quantitative research methods required
- Good level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Power point, Kobo or equivalent required
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports and analysis required
- Strong inter-personal, communication and leadership skills
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: 100%
- CDD contract, based in for 2 months in Geneva, Switzerland and 4 months based in Bangkok, Thailand with intense travel within the region
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, contact information of references, in PDF format to email@example.com, Ref: “MEAL officer Eurasia” no later than January 12, 2020.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
We reserve the right to stop the recruitment procedure if appropriate candidate is found