Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a “Human Resources Officer – 50% time commitment.”
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources (HR), the HR Officer is responsible to provide support on the aspects of HR management for the organization. He/she analyses and interprets the internal policy rules and regulations and provides solutions and support on issues as they arise. The HR Officer promotes a collaborative, Service-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
The HR Officer works in close collaboration with all the Support Service teams in the Department of External Relations and Support Services as well the Programme teams in the Department of Operations.
As HR Officer, to the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Be responsible for coordinating and handling all administrative aspects of the employee recruitment process (job adverts, CV screening, phone interviews, reference check, etc.) and under supervision of the Head of HR and HR field Coordinator, manage recruitment from A to Z for junior positions.
- Register all Geneva office payroll changes with our external provider.
- Advise employees on insurance, social security, tax, immigration, and payroll aspects as well as on HR processes, policies, procedures and best practices, as requested.
- Assist with monitoring and registering of payroll related processes in the field.
- Manage administrative tasks for clients, both internal and external to the unit.
- Handle employee relations under supervision of the HR team, prepare general HR correspondence and take responsibility for administrative tasks within the HR Unit such as keeping organizational charts up to date, arranging IT access for new staff, etc.).
- Assist the HR Field Coordinator and Head of HR on other activities as they arise.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate HR data in all relevant HR databases with our new ERP (Novative)
- Ensure records and paper archives are accurately maintained and updated regularly in line with data protection laws.
- You are flexible, detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks while upholding an excellent level of quality in your output. You are diplomatic and service oriented. You have outstanding administrative and organization skills.
- You are able to maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data.
Educational and previous experience
- You hold a bachelor’s in HR management, Business Administration or Swiss Certificate of Human Resources Officer (Certificat d’Assistant-e en gestion du personnel) or equivalent.
- You have more than 10 years of experience working in Human Resources management, working in an international environment with a proven track record of delivering a high volume of work accurately and in a timely manner.
- You have a good knowledge of Swiss employment law, social security, tax and payroll.
- You are fluent in French and English, have good English writing skills and strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of HR processing systems such as NOVATIVE is an advantage, ,
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is also a distinct advantage.
The HR Officer will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : HR Officer
- Open-ended contract, based in Geneva
- Preferred start date: February 2021 or as soon as feasible.
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter and diplomas in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “HR Officer 50%” no later than January 31st 2021
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further processing.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.