Geneva Call aims at establishing a registered office in Peshawar and work closely with Eurasia regional sub office in Bangkok Carrying out the registration of Geneva Call as a humanitarian INGO
Role : Under the direct supervision of the Head Of Region the Head of Mission will work in close collaboration with support departments, the policy and legal unit and partners in Islamabad and Peshawar to support the implementation of an EU funded Project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
The Head of Mission will be responsible for:
- Ensuring timely and adequate implementation and monitoring of activities according to the signed agreements;
- Ensuring that implementing partners deliver the outputs in accordance with the signed agreement;
Facilitate the establishment of Geneva Call in Pakistan
- Based on the previous assessment done by Geneva Call in April 2019 and in consultation with the Head of Region, prepare a comprehensive action plan for Geneva Call registration and project implementation.
- Carry out stakeholder analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions that play a vital role in the registration process.
- Identify and prepare all the necessary support documents to fully support Geneva Call registration process in Pakistan and ensure Geneva Call gets registered
- Identify and prepare all the necessary support documents with a view to obtaining Non-Objection Certificate for project implementation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Ensure timely and adequate implementation of activities according to the signed agreement with GC
- Implement project activities in accordance with the project’s agreement – including the result framework, budget and workplan – and follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones;
- Prepare progress and end reports as per Geneva Call and donor guidelines;
- Participate in monthly meeting with donors in Islamabad and/or Bangkok to discuss progress of the project;
- In close collaboration with the MEAL Officer support monitoring of results against strategic outcomes and as per approved plans;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in project;
- Attending relevant project meetings with implementing partners and any other relevant stakeholder, and prepare relevant notes for file, meeting minutes, action points, etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with all relevant stakeholders;
- Undertake any other task on project implementation as assigned by the Head of Region;
Ensure that implementing partners deliver the outputs in accordance with the signed agreement with Geneva Call
- Provide technical advice, review partners technical reports and monitor activities carried out by responsible partners;
- Provide guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects as per Geneva Call rules and regulations, tracking use of financial resources;
- Support implementing partners with financial and narrative reporting, ensuring timely submission of reports;
- Support capacity building of partners through training of staff on areas of responsibility;
- Coordinate and work closely with partners to ensure timely and effective achievement of project results, donor reporting, and other activities;
- Attend different coordination meetings at the field level NGOs dealing with protection issues;
- Participate in meetings and events organized in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders;
- Perform any other related duties to support partners to deliver on the project’s outputs as may be assigned.
Assume direct responsibility for managing the project budget by ensuring:
- Implementation of project management standards, preparation of required budget revisions, preparation of agreements, coordination of the budget revisions;
- Project funds are disbursed properly;
- Monitoring of the budget utilization and implementation in lieu with the work plan and the signed agreement;
- Expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans;
- Accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and financial reports are prepared;
- Financial operations are transparent and financial procedures/regulations are properly applied;
- Preparing donor financial reports as required;
- Perform any other related duties to manage the project’s budget as may be assigned.
- Produce a well-written and comprehensive report:
- Comprehensive action plan detailing the registration process and project implementation, including all project phases and budget.
- Recommendations to strengthen linkages between institutions involved in the process.
- Resource Directory of all the relevant Government Departments / Ministries / NGOs with focal points
- Establishment of GC office in Peshawar
Technical skills :
– Strong organizational and analytical skills;
– Solid diplomatic skills with ability to communicate with high level interlocutors;
– Established network in country of operation;
– Passionate about political and security affairs in the region
– Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
– A relevant master is required; Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) or International Human Right Law is an asset.
Excellent English skills (written and oral) and any other local language is an asset
– Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience of negotiations with weapon-bearers and other high-level stakeholders.
– Ability to work under pressure, travel frequently in conflict-affected areas and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
Minimum 5 years equivalent country program management experience in a humanitarian organization
Experience of capacity building and mentoring, team leadership and management;
Demonstrated skills and experience in security management;
Duration : 12 months
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate/recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “HOM Pakistan” no later than 20.02.2020.