Geneva Call has been working in Colombia from 2004 until 2019, engaging non state armed actors on the respect of International Humanitarian Law and with communities on protection themes (mines, children, gender, health care). In 2020, thanks to a new grant, Geneva Call is restarting its activities in the country with the aim of formalising its work through a registered office and aiming at developing its work with communities and armed non state actors.
The organisation is looking for a Country Director who will be responsible for fully establishing Geneva Call in Colombia and for ensuring successful delivery of all programmes. The Country Director will lead on the development and implementation of Geneva Call Colombia strategy, and will be responsible for overall programmatic development, operational delivery, high-level relationship management, and policy development in Colombia.
Key tasks/Job objectives:
- Provide overall leadership and management of Geneva Call programmes in Colombia.
- Develop and lead on the implementation of Geneva Call national strategy for Colombia.
- Responsible for executing agreed activities as detailed in MoUs and action plans developed together with key partners.
- Establish and lead a national technical working group on deinstitutionalisation.
- Identify and manage relationships with key high-level stakeholders, strategically positioning Geneva Call in the sector, both at government and non-governmental level.
- Influence and change the attitudes of key government partners and other stakeholders, in order to create a national shift in policy, away from institutions and towards community based services.
- Lead, manage and develop staff in order to ensure that the country office is implementing planned activities with key strategic partners and is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets.
- Responsible for producing progress reports on activities and share them with HQ Geneva Call.
- Responsible for financial management of the country office.
- Ensure that financial, procurement and budgetary guidelines and controls are in place.
- Monitor and manage budgets and ensure proper expenditure phasing.
- Ensure accounts are produced on time and in accordance with Geneva Call policy and procedures.
- To lead and manage overall programmes and operations for Geneva Call Colombia.
- This role will be fast-paced and will require flexibility.
- This role may require some international travel.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Experience of working in Colombia and/or in the region is essential.
- Significant experience in senior management positions, with a demonstrated track record of achieving results.
- Experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of delivering complex long-term programmes to high quality standards and within budget.
- Extensive experience of operational management at a strategic and day-to-day level.
- Expertise in working with governments, international organizations, NGOs, funders and other key stakeholders.
- Able to represent Geneva Call credibly at the highest levels (managing relationships with key contacts, especially Government departments, ministries and other high-level stakeholders).
- Demonstrable evidence of strong financial management experience and management of large programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work with a wide variety of contacts.
- Highly organised, with an aptitude in planning effectively to meet deadlines, and an ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong track record of delivering results.
- Ability to be flexible and assimilate new information quickly in a problem-solving environment.
- Well-developed strategic and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and strong command of English.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Ability to travel regularly within the country and abroad.
How to apply : please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate/recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to email@example.com, Ref: “Head of Mission – Colombia” no later than 30.06.2020.