Title: Garance Talks – Interpreter
Mission: Translation from English into Pashto
Duty station: Geneva, Switzerland (face to face)
Reporting to: Garance Talks Event Coordinator
Dates: 7th, 8th and 9th December 2021
The Garance Talks are a bi-annual meeting bringing together relevant actors from conflict or violence affected countries, academics, and practitioners to discuss the current challenges faced by parties to the conflict to comply with international humanitarian norms – international humanitarian law (IHL) and international human rights law (IHRL) – and identify ways to overcome such challenges. Senior representatives of relevant organisations from six countries affected by conflict or violence and academics from Africa, Europe and the Arab world will interact over three days under Chatham House rule.
Under the overall supervision of the Event Coordinator, the interpreter will have to provide simultaneous translation between English and Pashto during the Garance Talks congress.
• 4 years of working experience in translation, 4 years of working experience in interpretation.
• Master’s Degree in Translation and/or Interpretation
• Experience with UN agencies and INGOs will be an asset
• Perfect command of Pashto and English
• Membership to a Professional Translators and Interpreters Association
• Reference to previous major conferences organised.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely and with strong verbal communication skills.
• The interpreter shall not either during the term or after termination of the assignment, disclose any proprietary or confidential information related to the consultancy service.
• Proprietary interests on all materials and documents prepared by the consultants under the assignment shall become and remain properties of Geneva Call.
• Curriculum Vitae showing experience relevant to the consultancy.
• 3 References and/or Reference Letters.
• Consultant contract – Make an offer
• Duration: 3 days (5 hours/day)
• Dates: 7,8 and 9 December 2021, in Geneva, Switzerland
To apply, please send your dossier to firstname.lastname@example.org – Ref: “Interpreter English/Pashto for the Garance Talks” no later than 18.11.2021.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.