In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Communication and External Relations Unit.
- Improve multimedia and key documents management (e.g. selection of best images, uploading to and classifying in the database)
- Participate in COMRELEX meetings, events and activities generally
- Contribute to website updates and to posts on social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Conduct media monitoring on Geneva Call’s presence in the press locally and internationally
- Assist with writing and editing articles, reports, letters, press releases and news posts (in French and English) on human rights and humanitarian matters
- Translation between English and French, as required
- Taking and storing photos as required
- Assistance with event organization and management for communication and fundraising purposes
- Monitor and assess social media and website analytics
- Support the department’s other activities, as required by the Head of Communications and External Relations
Candidates should have a background in communication, international relations, humanitarian affairs or a related field
Candidates having already completed their first degree are preferred
Fluency in English and French
Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge of IHL and IHRL is an asset
Candidates should be familiar with using Microsoft Office, WordPress, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and ideally also Adobe InDesign and Google Analytics
The position is offered at 80%-100%
500 CHF per month (pro-rata)
Based in Geneva but depending on the sanitary situation full- or part-time work from home may be required
Duration: 6 months
Preferred start date: as soon as possible
Candidates should be a Swiss national, hold a Swiss work permit or be eligible for one
Candidates must fall into one of the following three categories:
- Current student: mandatory or optional internships pursued while the intern is enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree or professional qualification.
- Orientation internships pursued shortly after the completion of a first degree (e.g. Bachelor’s) or prior to an advanced degree (e.g. Master’s) on condition that the university awarding the degree attests the relevance and usefulness of the internship.
- Internships pursued with the aim of assisting the intern’s social or professional reintegration, under the oversight of the cantonal or federal-level authorities.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV in English in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Intern:COM”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.