In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
This is a six-month temporary appointment to deal with surge activities in Human Resources recruitment and there is no expectation to continue the function after 31 December 2021. Geneva Call aims at driving efficiency and quality of recruitment in support of all its offices and operations. The Recruitment Officer will have primary responsible to recruit for positions based in Africa Region. S/he will be responsible for the entire recruitment process ensuring that all recruitment processes are completed and coordinated in a timely and efficient manner and following Geneva Call’s procedures and regulations in place.
The HR Recruitment Officer will report to Head of HR.
- Manage end-to-end recruitment process and deliver a quality and efficient service to Geneva Call hiring managers and candidates alike.
- Develop a recruitment plan together with hiring manager for each recruitment and translate requirements into a solution-based recruitment strategy.
- Provide advice and direction to hiring managers, HR staff and candidates about the entire hiring process, build those relationships effectively being a trusted adviser to both Geneva Call staff and candidates.
- Thoroughly assess candidates to ensure suitability for the role; evaluate and screen submitted applications, arrange and conduct interviews, and perform assessment tests.
- Ensure effective candidate management through ongoing communications regarding questions, updates and status during the recruitment; ensure candidates are treated with the utmost care throughout their process.
- Identify and escalate any potential or actual issues/risks with delivering recruitment services.
- Ensure effective sourcing and selection support based on knowledge of Geneva Call programmes and context.
- Build an effective candidate pool and maintain active relationship with pipelines of talent for current and future opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of the constantly changing environment of the marketplace relative to the sourcing and recruitment of qualified professional.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Geneva Call policies, procedures, tools, minimum standards, personal data protection rules and regulations and adhere to service level metrics to enable operational excellence.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field of Human Resources or have achieved over 10 years of experience in a similar function.
- Experience in operating global recruitment including sourcing, competency-based interviews, talent pools, and use of selection techniques.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Highest level of customer service orientation, strong drive and “can-do attitude”
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values and ability to convey them.
- Understanding of the importance of a strong employer brand in recruitment and ideally experience in employer branding.
- Comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media.
- Experience recruiting in Central & West Africa region is a plus.
- Fluency in both English and French, written and verbal.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- a high degree of integrity, ability to multi-task.
- attention to detail and quality standards.
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively,
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately with people of all levels are also required.
- Positive attitude with an understanding that priorities might change, and flexibility is key to deliver in a dynamic work situation.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
All Geneva Call employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: humanity, impartiality, accountability, dedication and respect. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : HR recruitment Officer
- 6 Months Fix term contract, based in Geneva
- Preferred start date : June 1st 2021
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter, diploma in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “HR recruitment Officer” no later than 31st May 2021.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.