Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in situations of violence. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and, working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call is not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
In Pakistan, Geneva Call is implementing a multi-year EU funded project in KP province, enhancing civilian protection through humanitarian engagement. The project focusing on awareness-raising, capacity building and, promotion of humanitarian norms.
We are looking for a professional and dedicated national consultant) to support our country program in Pakistan.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), the Administration, Finance and HR Officer contributes to the operations of the Geneva Call by ensuring proper and transparent management of the financial, administrative and HR aspects of operations in Pakistan according to the internal procedures and guidelines, donor requirements, as well as local legislation. It is a national position.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all programmatic, administrative, financial and HR information.
The job holder is in charge of the management of the country operations and of the support in the establishment of Geneva Call in Pakistan by following organisational policies, procedures and donor compliance.
- Office Administration/Logistics
- Supervise administrative staff, security guards, drivers, cleaners;
- Facilitate Head of Mission in the selection of office premises, negotiations agreement and ensure premises are well managed and maintained;
- Make sure office supplies are managed and recorded according to organisational procedures;
- Liaise with relevant suppliers and service providers for required equipment, utilities and, services;
- Manage inventory on monthly basis;
- Ensure security and safety protocols are properly communicated to staff and are followed in true spirit;
- Cash flow management
- Manage payments made locally and by the Office in the country;
- Keep mission cash books updated, including a weekly availability cash check;
- Prepare monthly cash requests in coordination with the Head of Mission and liaise with HQ.
- Verify the registration and encoding of all the financial transactions, according to the internal procedures;
- Verify all the support documents of the financial transactions and the availability of funds on donors’ budget;
- Provide a monthly financial report, including supporting documents;
- Archive all financial documents;
- Participate in audits (annual organization audit, as well as donor’s audits, or audits requested by authorities);
III. Administration of HR with HQ support
- Make sure organisational HR policy and procedures are consistent with local labor laws;
- Ensure visa and work permit requirements are fulfilled for expatriate staff;
- Arrange events, hotel bookings, workshops, and meetings.
- Develop and update the HR database;
- Manage staff leaves and report to Head of Mission regularly with updates;
- Prepare salary payments for staff and consultants;
- Ensure insurance coverage for all staff;
Qualifications / Personal skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in finance, admin and HR management in an international NGO;
- Knowledge and experience of financial/Admin/HR procedures and management tools;
- Experience with INGO grants management, financial reporting, budgeting, audit and, procurement;
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and, confidentiality;
- Accuracy and reliability;
- English, Urdu (Essential)
- Pashto (advantage)
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the organization’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: 100%
- Fulltime national consultant contract based in Islamabad with frequent field travel.
- Preferred start date: 20 august.2020
To apply, please send your CV in PDF format, at least two professional references contacts to email@example.com, Ref: “AFO Pakistan ” no later than 05/08/2020.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.