Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and, working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call is a not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
In Pakistan, Geneva Call will be implementing a multi-year EU funded project in KP province, enhancing civilian protection through humanitarian engagement. The project focusing on awareness-raising, capacity building, and, promotion of humanitarian norms.
We are looking for a professional and dedicated national consultant to support our country program in Pakistan.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM), the Project Officer contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Peshawar by supporting the design and taking the lead in the implementation and the management of humanitarian engagement related project(s) according to the program plans, internal procedures and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all programmatic, administrative, financial, and HR information.
The implementation and management of the project(s) in accordance with the work plan, budget(s), donor requirements and internal procedures;
- Monitor the security situation vis-à-vis the project, project partners and Geneva Call, preparing risk assessments and suggesting mitigating measures to the HoM and following up on incidents as necessary;
- Humanitarian engagement:
- Lead regular monitoring of humanitarian needs and political development that can influence humanitarian engagement in a fragile situation, by Geneva Call;
- In coordination with the program team and the HoM, contribute to the development of a humanitarian engagement strategy based on humanitarian needs in KP province, in line with 2020-23 strategy;
- Lead humanitarian engagement with selected interlocutors as per Geneva Calls’ engagement guidelines and 2020-23 priorities;
III. Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Participate in the drafting of annual and monthly program plans, budgets, and monitoring plans in consultation with HoM and other team members;
- Monitor and report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents;
- Responsible for quality project implementation and monitoring following Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safekeeping of information and knowledge, including the filing of programme documents and materials;
- Collect and analyse, through regular field missions, information relating to the context, civilian protection, humanitarian needs and potential impact on Geneva Call’s work in the project area(s) and relay this to HoM;
- Communications & External relations
– In coordination with the HoM, liaise with local and international organizations regularly to coordinate work and seek for synergies;- Assist HoM in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders to build acceptance of the organisation and increase outreach across targeted areas;- Support country mission to produce external communications materials in coordination with HoM and global/regional Communications team(s); – Draft speaking points and messages for HoM and other country team members;
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives;
- Conduct assessments of the humanitarian situation in the fragile areas;
- Disseminate humanitarian standards among affected communities.
- Other Duties
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars and other fora of interest to the organisation;
– Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
At least 5 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organisation working in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province and districts.
Experience with international organisations is preferred
- Full proficiency in Pashto, Urdu, and English is required
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: 100%
- Fulltime national consultant contract based in Peshawar/Islamabad with frequent field travel.
- Preferred start date: 20 august.2020
To apply, please send your CV in PDF format, at least two professional references contacts to hr-Fieldfirstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “PO Pakistan ” no later than 05/08/2020.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.