In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The Grants and Compliance Officer serves as the point person for ensuring compliance with all grant obligations and providing relevant support to the fundraising activities throughout the organization. The Grants and Compliance Officer monitors the implementation according to donor obligations, ensures the timeliness and quality of reports, provides analysis and oversight to ensure compliance, and coordinates aspects of the relationships that run across the organization and that are related to programme donors within her/his portfolio.
As part of the Donor Relations team, the role is also responsible for ensuring the excellence of relationship management of donors (creating and nurturing relationships of trust) and providing relevant support to the fundraising activities throughout the organization. This includes coordination, facilitation and tracking of the various donor engagements as well as overall grant management and coordination of grant compliance. The ownership of specific relationships is dependent on the context (in country, regional, thematic, operational, political) however the Grants & Compliance Officer, coordinates aspects of the relationships that run across the organization and that are related to programme donors within her/his portfolio.
- Identify and capture funding opportunities, their timing and requirements, according to the needs of the programmes.
- Serve as liaison with donors in grant negotiations and management.
- Drive and assure the quality of grant applications to entities and organizations, for financial support for Geneva Call’s programmes.
- Complete data requests and other information pertinent to complying with prospective and current donor requirements.
- Ensure that grant deadlines and other requirements in the grant process are met.
Monitor the fulfilment of grant obligations (including operational, administrative and financial), and drive the information gathering and reporting processes.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assists in fundraising efforts in a technical capacity.
- Organizes programme Desk meetings to review implementation of the grant agreements.
- Tracks and monitors progress necessary for Interim and Final Reports.
- Controls the respect of donor rules and procedures (procurement, etc.)
- Maintains updated contact lists of all personnel, consultants and service providers associated with Geneva Call’s programmes.
- Maintains records of correspondence related to pre- and post-award grant activities within the organizations grants management files.
- Works with the programme teams and the Admin/Finance Department to produce accurate and timely reports to deliver to donors.
- Maintains a record keeping system to track grant deadlines, dates and future activities required to secure funding.
- Provides summaries of core grant obligations and makes sure key staff within Operations, Donor Relations and Admin/Finance are aware of them.
Provides support and trains and coaches field and HQ staff on donor requirements/compliance issues.
- Experience of successfully supporting fundraising and dealing with institutional donors
- Proven experience in project management
- Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO
- Experience from ECHO projects a plus
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and monitoring/research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of financial reporting
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in the humanitarian/development areas
5 year experience in fundraising, monitoring, reporting and grant and/or contract management preferred
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral) and a good command of French
- Good team player and facilitator of team work
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Organized, attentive to detail, and with a positive and professional demeanour
Availability to travel
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
All Geneva Call employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: humanity, impartiality, accountability, dedication and respect. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Grants & Compliance Officer – Key Accounts
- Open-ended contract, based in Geneva
- Preferred start date : June 1st 2021
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to email@example.com, Ref: “Grants & Compliance Officer – Key Accounts” no later than 31st May 2021.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.