Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, child protection, the prohibition of sexual violence and gender discrimination and the protection of health care. In Eurasia, Geneva Call leads humanitarian engagement in Afghanistan/Pakistan, Myanmar, The Philippines and Ukraine as a mean to prevent the negative impact of armed conflict or armed violence on the protection of civilians/communities.
Geneva Call seeks for internship support to provide finance and budget information and analysis to the HQ Finance unit. The intern will work with and report to the Support director and Head of Finance for the Support departemnt.
- Reviews existing budget reporting available and consolidates data for management reporting by unit and summary totals
- Develops a suitable tool to generate accurate and timely budget reporting
- Develops cash management tool for operational and management reporting
You’ll work continuously to improve our processes
- Financial management qualifications with experience on budget management in particular
- IT and programming skills a distinct advantage
- Has developed knowledge and skills through both formal training and work experience;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with guidelines;
- Acts in accordance with International Core Values: Respect, Integrity and Professionalism;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience on an Accounting or Finance team, preferably in an NGO
- Excellent time and self-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask to meet required deadlines, you are result-oriented
- You have a strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- You are a team player with excellent communication on all levels and a positive attitude
- Financial analysis, including audit reviews,
- Qualitative analysis;
- Understanding of Donor requirements an asset;
|· Financial analysis into an NGO
· Qualitative analysis;
· Swiss accounting GAAP knowledge;
· Understanding of Donnor requirementis an asset;
- Excellent English (written and oral)
- French (an asset)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines;
- Sensitivity to/understanding of political and conflict dynamics
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to network in a multicultural environment
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Intern
- Trainee contract, based in Geneva
- Activity rate: 80 %
- Preferred start date:: Asap
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation
- In view to actively help the work market, we only take an Intern if we can have an internship agreement (convention de stage) with a third entity such as:
- ORP, Cantonal Help or any entities actively helping a return on the market and recognise by the Swiss social insurances
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV in PDF format to Hrfirstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Internship finance 2020” as soon as possible.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.