Appel de Genève – Geneva Call
47 chemin de la Chevillarde
+41 76 580 28 34
About Geneva Call
Geneva Call is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian organisation committed to protecting civilians in armed conflicts through enhancing respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed groups and de facto authorities. Founded in 2000, Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law and active in 16 countries.
For more information, please visit www.genevacall.org
I – Objectives
Geneva Call seeks to set up a framework contract with one or several consultants (individual or company) able to support the organization in the production of high-quality written content as well as for its global media engagement strategy.
Selected applicants will be qualified as pre-agreed suppliers of the organization within a framework contract of an initial duration of two years. Pre-agreed suppliers can be contracted upon demand for specific mandates, the scope, and deliverables of which will be defined on a case-by-case basis.
II – Main tasks and responsibilities
The provider will be responsible to produce a wide array of high-quality written content material in English for wide external dissemination. This may include:
- Webstories, or other short content for social media or digital channels;
- Press releases, media-advisory or public statements;
- Op-eds or thought pieces reflecting the organization’s position on key advocacy thematics.
- Articles for Geneva Call’s annual report or other institutional publications
The provider will support the organization in its global media engagement efforts. This may include:
- Identifying media engagement opportunities through the regular monitoring
- Providing analysis on relevant regional or global outlets to engage for specific purposes as well as entry points recommendations.
- Co-designing and attending media events such as press briefings or conferences in Geneva and/or in programme countries.
The provider may be requested to support other tasks related to written content production or media engagement. This may include:
- Reviewing and copy-editing written content before publications;
- Carrying out field visits to support specific country operations.
Given the sensitivity of topics and situations, a high level of discretion, political sensitivity and confidentiality is required.
III – Tender requirements
Applicants are requested to submit an offer including the following documents:
- A short description (max 2 pages) of the applicant’s overall profile, professional qualifications, and motivation to provide the services described above.
- A list of at least 5 excerpts of written content produced in the last 3 years demonstrating the quality and diversity of topics covered. Excerpts of content related to global humanitarian affairs are an asset.
- A financial offer including an all-included (incl. VAT) daily rate in CHF engagement (including preparation, production, and post-production)
- A copy of any relevant registration document attesting the applicant’s ability to provide services as an independent contractor in Switzerland (AVS certificate).
Please note that applications not fulfilling the above formal requirements will not be considered.
IV – Required skills and competencies
- At least 7 years of professional experience in journalism, communications, public relations, or international affairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global humanitarian affairs as well. Field work experience in conflict affected settings is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of International Geneva’s ecosystem, including its media landscape.
- English mother tongue with excellent writing and storytelling skills. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Capacity to deliver high-quality work under time constraints.
- High-level of reliability, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills.
- Ability to meet in Geneva regularly and to travel to support programme engagement in the field if required
- Fully registered as independent contractor with the Swiss social security authorities.
V – Submission and selection process
Interested providers are requested to submit an offer following the criteria set above. Offers should be sent by email to email@example.com by the 31st of August with the following subject: CALL FOR TENDER – CONTENT PRODUCTION & MEDIA ENGAGEMENT.
Geneva Call will review all bids and will assign a score based on predefined criteria. Interviews will be carried out with a shortlist of maximum 3 applicants.
One (or several) contract(s) will be concluded with the bidders with the highest score and who represent the best overall value for Geneva Call.