Geneva Call has released its 2017 Annual Report, highlighting key achievements for the protection of civilians in armed conflicts over the last year. Among others, Geneva Call:
- Engaged in dialogue with 69 armed non-State actors from 17 countries on the respect of humanitarian norms
- Directly conducted 52 training sessions on humanitarian norms for 1,174 armed non-state actor (ANSA) members, including 116 women, from 29 ANSAs in six countries
- Provided support to more than 100 demobilized children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Monitored the destruction of 2,446 stockpiled antipersonnel mines in Western Sahara
- Negotiated the signature by 8 brigades of the Free Syrian Army of the Deed of Commitment prohibiting sexual violence and the signature by 7 brigades of the Deed of Commitment prohibiting the use of child soldiers.